- License:Open Source
- AuthorPete Batard
- Available languages:English,Italian,French,Spanish,Polish,Chinese,German,Japanese
- Last Update17 Aug 2019
A simple app that can build simple USB discs from ISO images.
Rufus free download is a little program intended for transforming an normal flash into a total bootable drive from which you are able to directly start in DOS.
Of course, if you have an ISO image, you can simply burn it to a CD or DVD. It doesn’t really help if the target system doesn’t have an optical drive. USB keyboards are also easier to carry, less likely to be damaged, and faster, which may be important if you often need disk space.
Rufus free download requires no installation and is usually very easy to install. For example, the USB drive is automatically recognized, so you may not need to select it. Getting started is as simple as viewing the ISO image and clicking the “Start” button: The program will then tell you everything you need to know.
If you need additional control, you can configure the formatting of the USB drive (file system, cluster size, etc.). It now supports UEFI and GPT booters. The program also includes a number of advanced file formats. It recognize the hard disk drive on an older computer, although this is usually not required.
And if you need to do this often, you’ll be happy to hear that Rufus is reasonably fast. For example, we created a bootable USB version of Windows 8 Professional Image. We found that the program was about 25% faster than another popular startup disk maker, UNetbootin.
Rufus Free Download can be especially useful if:
- You must create the USB installation media from the bootable ISO (eg Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- You must be running on a system without an operating system installed
- Flash BIOS or other firmware is required from DOS
- You want to run a low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus will find everything you need!
Rufus Free Download Features:
- Format USB, flash card and virtual vidgets to FAT/FAT32/NTFS/UDF/exFAT/ReFS/ext2/ext3.
- Genrate DOS bootable USB drives, applying Free DOS or MS-DOS.
- Create BIOS or maybe UEFI bootable drives, incorporating UEFI bootable NTFS.
- Create prolonged Linux partitions.
- Download official Ms Windows eight or windows 10 retail ISOs.
- Compute MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256 checksums from the selected picture.
- Create Windows To go drives.
- Rufus free download helps to create bootable drive/hard disks from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, and so forth ).
- Twice as soon as Microsoft’s USB/DVD tool or perhaps UNetbootin, upon ISO -> USB creation.
- Perform poor blocks inspections, incorporating recognition of “fake” flash hard disks.
- Create bootable hard drives from bootable disk pictures, including pressurized ones.
- Modern and familiar UI, with 37 dialects/languages natively supported.
- Small impact. Zero set up/installation needed.
- 100% Free Software program (GPL v3)
Rufus Free Download is a simple and customizable tool that quickly launches USB images from bootable USB disks.