If you are looking for a software that can help you type accented Vietnamese, “Vietnamese Typing“, besides online Vietnamese typing tools, you can completely use Unikey software.
Unikey is considered software that helps you type Vietnamese and is very necessary for those who regularly edit documents, office staff, … Unikey is a popular Vietnamese typing software today, it provides many different Vietnamese encoding and many useful features such as typing Vietnamese, uppercase letters, abbreviations, typing accented letters, … Today we will give you the knowledge on how to To install Unikey on your computer, join us to find out.
1. Introduction to Unikey.
Unikey software (Unikey) is the product of technology by Pham Kim Long, a former student of Hanoi University of Technology. This Vietnamese typing software was born in 1994, Unikey has now had 27 years of existence and development, but there is still no software that can replace it. That is Unikey’s outstanding and sustainable value.
Currently, the Unikey version of author Pham Kim Long just stops at personal use and giving to friends, it doesn’t even support the international Unicode code. Pham Kim Long moved to the Czech Republic to work as a graduate student at the Technical University of Prague. With ‘ideal’ technical conditions in the Czech Republic today, he has the opportunity to do more research and program Vietnamese percussion on Windows operating system called LittleVnKey.
So far, he decided to publish Unikey open source to make it possible for users around the world to use it completely free. This act of Pham Kim Long overthrows companies with similar products for commercial purposes. However, with the user community, his job is very welcome.
2. How to install Unikey on the computer
Download link: HERE
Not only with stability, but Unikey is also adding a few features that are essential for everyone while typing Vietnamese. Unikey is a Vietnamese percussion that is widely used in Vietnam today.
To install Unikey, the minimum you need to do is determine whether the computer’s installation configuration is 32bit or 64bit.
- Step 1: After determining the machine configuration, log into Unikey to download Vietnamese typing software. Here, we have clearly defined each version for each configuration, your job is to click on the appropriate configuration and download it.
- Step 2: After downloading, extract it
- Step 3: Start the Unikey file by going to the Unikey file that you just extracted. Open the file Unikey.exe
- Step 4: After clicking, a window will appear. Click “Run” to be able to run the Unikey software in the computer.
- Step 5: Select “Run” then a window will appear, choose “Next” to continue. If you want to change the location to save the file, select “Browse” and click on the location where you need to save the Unikey file.
- Step 6: After completing the operation, a new window will appear, click “Next”
- Step 7: After selecting “Next”, a window will appear, Click on “Install”
- Step 8: Click on “Finish”. It’s done in the installation of your Unikey suite
- Step 9: Unikey will be started and display the normal interface for you to use as usual.
How to adjust Unikey after booting
Leave as the default configuration. Just choose Telex or VNI typing method depending on your preferences! So you can type accented Vietnamese on your computer with Unikey software already!
Above is the action that we guide you to be able to easily install Unikey writing on your computer without having to ask anyone. Or install Unikey for your personal computer right away.